Once again the Hawk & Hurl went without a hitch on Sunday with the local community cleaning up their yards and taking the time to find a bargain or two. The scrap collection went well and a truck load of scrap kept out of the landfill and sold. Many thanks to John Clearwater for supplying the truck and driver. With all the proceeds going to the recently relocated Peninsula Toy Library this event has grown steadily as a great chance to recycle, grab a bargain and meet up with your neighbours and friends.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Church service April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Community Coffee Morning April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St All welcome. Gold coin koha.
- Toy Library open April 5, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Otago Peninsula Museum open April 5, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
View older posts