We’re a hardy bunch on the Otago Peninsula and Sunday’s market was a good test of that resolve. The blustery weather and squally showers were a reminder that we are well into winter. Despite the weather the market was very successful and well attended by around 600 people. Once again Jonathon Usher and Pippity Pop proved very popular with children and adults alike and there were plenty of bargains to be had. The support we receive from Cadbury’s really helps the market day, and has become a popular event in Portobello. We look forward to hosting it again next year.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Church service April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Community Coffee Morning April 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St All welcome. Gold coin koha.
- Toy Library open April 5, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Otago Peninsula Museum open April 5, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
View older posts