When Peninsula people set their mind to something there’s no holding them back. They’re into everything boots and all, with a sleeves rolled up attitude. The Te Rauone Beach Coast Care group along with the Harington Point Community Society held a meeting on Labour day to update the community on the breakwater and dune re-nourishment project in their area. On a beautiful bright day over 80 people attended with a further 25 apologies. Such attendance confirmed that these people have worked tremendously hard to get the project off the ground. Fingers crossed that they’ll get this over the line with Port Otago and the Otago Regional Council.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Portobello Library open August 16, 2018 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello
- Steady As You Go—Tai Chi August 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
- Smiths Creek Working Bee August 19, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service August 19, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open August 19, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
View older posts