When Peninsula people set their mind to something there’s no holding them back. They’re into everything boots and all, with a sleeves rolled up attitude. The Te Rauone Beach Coast Care group along with the Harington Point Community Society held a meeting on Labour day to update the community on the breakwater and dune re-nourishment project in their area. On a beautiful bright day over 80 people attended with a further 25 apologies. Such attendance confirmed that these people have worked tremendously hard to get the project off the ground. Fingers crossed that they’ll get this over the line with Port Otago and the Otago Regional Council.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Peninsula Playcentre September 30, 2020 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Broad Bay School
- Rubbish collection - Yellow bin (mixed) recycling September 30, 2020
View older posts