When Peninsula people set their mind to something there’s no holding them back. They’re into everything boots and all, with a sleeves rolled up attitude. The Te Rauone Beach Coast Care group along with the Harington Point Community Society held a meeting on Labour day to update the community on the breakwater and dune re-nourishment project in their area. On a beautiful bright day over 80 people attended with a further 25 apologies. Such attendance confirmed that these people have worked tremendously hard to get the project off the ground. Fingers crossed that they’ll get this over the line with Port Otago and the Otago Regional Council.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee January 19, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Otago Peninsula Museum open January 19, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Badminton January 19, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre January 20, 2020 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Steady As You Go—Strength and Balance January 20, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
View older posts