When Peninsula people set their mind to something there’s no holding them back. They’re into everything boots and all, with a sleeves rolled up attitude. The Te Rauone Beach Coast Care group along with the Harington Point Community Society held a meeting on Labour day to update the community on the breakwater and dune re-nourishment project in their area. On a beautiful bright day over 80 people attended with a further 25 apologies. Such attendance confirmed that these people have worked tremendously hard to get the project off the ground. Fingers crossed that they’ll get this over the line with Port Otago and the Otago Regional Council.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary November 17, 2018 at 10:00 am – 9:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary Celebration November 17, 2018 http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details
- Church service November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open November 18, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
View older posts