Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Otago Arts Festival September 21, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- ⛴ Port to Port Ferry Launch Weekend–Day Pass September 22, 2018 Portobello Jetty–Quarantine Island–Carey's Bay Day passes $10 adults, $5 children. Family activities around the harbour! Timetable and details at https://www.porttoport.co.nz/
- Smiths Creek Working Bee September 23, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open September 23, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- ⛴ Port to Port Ferry Launch Weekend–Harbour Cruises September 23, 2018 Portobello Jetty Two hour wildlife cruises (bookings required) and inaugural harbour ferry service (booking preferred), all half-price. See https://www.porttoport.co.nz/ for details.
View older posts
Tag Archives: Our Community
Strong winds, torrential rain and the All Blacks playing France in the Rugby World Cup did not bode well for Hawk & Hurl on Sunday October 18th. However, the weather quickly improved and the All Blacks won handsomely, so the Hawk & … Continue reading
Once again the Hawk & Hurl went without a hitch on Sunday with the local community cleaning up their yards and taking the time to find a bargain or two. The scrap collection went well and a truck load of scrap … Continue reading
Sunday 19th dawned bright but fresh for the Portobello Hawk & Hurl held at Portobello Domain and once again the event was well attended. There were plenty of bargains, a fair bit of cheek and a significant amount material saved … Continue reading
Like many community organisations membership ebbs and flows with generational change, community needs and population fluctuations. Presently, the Portobello-Broad Bay Playcentre is struggling for families with children to get involved and play an active part in this important pre-school organisation. … Continue reading
Peninsula teenager Raphael Kammlein-Cutler from Hooper’s Inlet has been confirmed for the New Zealand Downhill mountain biking team to represent NZ at the IUC World championships in South Africa this year. Raphael has also been selected as one of 3 mountain-bikers and 5 other top … Continue reading