Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Church service April 12, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee April 12, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open April 12, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Otago Peninsula Museum open April 12, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Badminton April 12, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
View older posts
Broad Bay playwright Sarah McDougall presents a feminist/ comedy/ political/ class play that will surely be entertaining and thought-provoking. It’s an R16 comedy with a limit of 25 tickets/show at $20/10 and on Wednesday 9th is a Koha, so bring something for the garden. For all bookings please go to the Dunedin Fringe Festival website.
The play will be held at the McDougalls’ Broad Bay home in their sculpture garden on the Otago Peninsula. If its raining, the show will be a couch concert in the McDougall lounge.
There will be a van for people who need transport to the Peninsula. The van will leave from outside Fringe HQ (26 Princes St) 30 mins before the show. Limited Door Sales will also be available from the van on a daily basis – 4pm-5.30pm weekdays and 1pm-2.30pm weekends. Door Sales are cash only. Contact phone 027 4644453 (ask for Ewan). Explicit Language, Sexual Content
The Peninsula Show is annual event that Peninsula people make a real effort to attend. It has everything from tough guys sweating it out on a course, talented kids performing, and of course cars, boats and a helicopter. This years show was held on a beautiful warm day with a good crowd enjoying the food stalls and entertainment. The committee did a great job of the organisation and this show will continue to get bigger and better. (Click on the pictures to see in full size view).