Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island "Weed Control In Interesting Places" Overnight May 25, 2018 – May 26, 2018 Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Open Day May 26, 2018 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- Badminton May 27, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre May 28, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Steady As You Go—Strength and Balance May 28, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
View older posts
Tag Archives: Clean up day
Living besides the Otago Harbour is one of the great pleasures of our lifestyle in Portobello. So boats and floating devices play a major role in our local lifestyle. So two intrepid Portobello Community Inc. members decided to enjoy a … Continue reading
March 30th 2014 is a watershed day for all residents in the Portobello/Harwood/Otakou area with the beginning of the “Rubbish Revolution.” Give just one hour of your time to pick up the rubbish from around your streets, playgrounds, beaches or … Continue reading
Portobello Community Incorporated won the Taylor Community Pride Shield in first place at the Keep Dunedin Beautiful awards on Monday 3rd March. The award was presented to Paul Pope and Geoff Sheridan representing the group at the awards ceremony yesterday. … Continue reading
Sea week is a great opportunity to learn more about your coastal environment and take part in its care. Take the opportunity to participate in an event near you. If you’d like a free guide to sandy and muddy shore … Continue reading
October can be a great time of year in Portobello with those balmy warm days that begin to give us hope that summer is just around the corner, and Sunday’s Hawk and Hurl was no exception. With a good number … Continue reading
Nineteen year 7&8 pupils from Portobello School put their gumboots on and cleaned up the beach areas around Latham Bay in Portobello on Tuesday 24th September. Supervised by teacher Candace Christensen and Portobello Community Inc. Chairman, Paul Pope the group collected a full … Continue reading