Portobello Community Inc. held another successful hawk and hurl at the Portobello Domain on Sunday 24th of February. Utilising the Dunedin City Council’s rubbish clean up days with the opportunity for people to sell unwanted items and collecting scrap through Everitt’s has been a great recycling opportunity in the community. With the fine weather and plenty of bargains and haggling to be done it was great to see so many people turn up and enjoy the event. This months hawk and hurl added a further $600 for the Portobello School Pool combined with $1200 from last October’s event. The hawk and hurl has been a great opportunity for the community to make money and recycle items which would normally go to land fill.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open October 20, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Badminton October 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre October 21, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
View older posts