Greeted by a glorious Mother’s Day morning members of Portobello Community Incorporated gave up their breakfast in bed or preparing it for mum, cleaning up litter around the township and outer areas. With a busy day in Portobello with the Peninsula Challenge event being held this was an opportunity to make our township shine a little brighter in the autumn sun. Among the bottles, cigarette packets and fast food wrappers four traffic cones were retrieved from the harbour on Harrington Point Road. Nature has an incredible ability to adapt and the cones were encrusted with chitons, tube worms and other sea life, many of which were removed and returned to the shoreline. With support from Keep Dunedin Beautiful who supplied bags and gloves the morning was a positive step to keep our area clean and tidy. It was also great to receive encouragement and words of thanks from cyclists and walkers passing by who praised our efforts.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Portobello Community Inc meeting February 19, 2019 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Coronation Hall, 853 Portobello Rd, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Peninsula Playcentre February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Broad Bay School
View older posts