Greeted by a glorious Mother’s Day morning members of Portobello Community Incorporated gave up their breakfast in bed or preparing it for mum, cleaning up litter around the township and outer areas. With a busy day in Portobello with the Peninsula Challenge event being held this was an opportunity to make our township shine a little brighter in the autumn sun. Among the bottles, cigarette packets and fast food wrappers four traffic cones were retrieved from the harbour on Harrington Point Road. Nature has an incredible ability to adapt and the cones were encrusted with chitons, tube worms and other sea life, many of which were removed and returned to the shoreline. With support from Keep Dunedin Beautiful who supplied bags and gloves the morning was a positive step to keep our area clean and tidy. It was also great to receive encouragement and words of thanks from cyclists and walkers passing by who praised our efforts.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open October 20, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Badminton October 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre October 21, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
View older posts