The opening of the new wharekai building, Hakuiao at Otakou Marae was a milestone day for Te Runaka O Otakou. The blessing and opening of Hakuiao fell on the 173rd anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi at Otakou, June 13, 1840. The runaka hosted a significant number of people from a wide range of organisations and regions at the powhiri. The generosity of the hosts was also evident in the sumptuous kai served at the table with tuaki (cockles), titi (muttonbird), koura (crayfish) and many other tempting dishes for the large group of manuhiri. With its excellent kitchen, dining and sleeping areas, Hakuiao its something that Te Runaka O Otakou and all Kai Tahu can be justifiably proud. A great achievement, that will serve its people well for many years to come. Kiaora.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Portobello Community Inc meeting February 19, 2019 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Coronation Hall, 853 Portobello Rd, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Peninsula Playcentre February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Broad Bay School
View older posts