It dawned cool, crisp and clear in Portobello today with a solid frost on the windscreen of the car to remind us that winter still bites. Portobello School have been studying volcanoes and were taking the short climb to the top of Harbour Cone (Hereweka). The cone is a remnant of the volcano that exploded 10-13 million years ago and created the Otago Harbour. After a short steep climb the spectacular views across the Peninsula and harbour are worth the effort, and the whole area was bathed in bright sunshine. Enjoy the pictures by clicking on them for the viewer.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open October 20, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Badminton October 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre October 21, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
View older posts