It dawned cool, crisp and clear in Portobello today with a solid frost on the windscreen of the car to remind us that winter still bites. Portobello School have been studying volcanoes and were taking the short climb to the top of Harbour Cone (Hereweka). The cone is a remnant of the volcano that exploded 10-13 million years ago and created the Otago Harbour. After a short steep climb the spectacular views across the Peninsula and harbour are worth the effort, and the whole area was bathed in bright sunshine. Enjoy the pictures by clicking on them for the viewer.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Pilates Class May 21, 2018 at 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello $12. Contact Penny 0274 649180
- ★ Quiz Night (benefits Broad Bay Boating Club) May 22, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Kensington, 4 King Edward St No door sales: contact Ruth 0274780322 or Katrina 0276126071 for ticket info.
- Peninsula Playcentre May 23, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
View older posts