Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Otago Arts Festival September 21, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- ⛴ Port to Port Ferry Launch Weekend–Day Pass September 22, 2018 Portobello Jetty–Quarantine Island–Carey's Bay Day passes $10 adults, $5 children. Family activities around the harbour! Timetable and details at https://www.porttoport.co.nz/
- Smiths Creek Working Bee September 23, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open September 23, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- ⛴ Port to Port Ferry Launch Weekend–Harbour Cruises September 23, 2018 Portobello Jetty Two hour wildlife cruises (bookings required) and inaugural harbour ferry service (booking preferred), all half-price. See https://www.porttoport.co.nz/ for details.
View older posts
Tag Archives: Keep Dunedin Beautiful
It was a beautiful day in Portobello on the 25th of September and this was Portobello School’s chance to do their bit for Clean Up NZ week. Although just out of the official week our local weather has meant the … Continue reading
Would you like celebrate a new family member, birthday, anniversary, or commemorate the passing of a loved one by planting a native tree at the Harbour cycle/walkway? You can choose the tree you wish to plant and receive a certificate in … Continue reading
Artist Daniel mead is making steady progress on the mural for the Bacon Street bus shelter in Turnbull’s Bay. The mural will incorporate scenes of native New Zealand fish typically found in Smiths Creek which runs along Bacon Street from the … Continue reading
Living besides the Otago Harbour is one of the great pleasures of our lifestyle in Portobello. So boats and floating devices play a major role in our local lifestyle. So two intrepid Portobello Community Inc. members decided to enjoy a … Continue reading
March 30th 2014 is a watershed day for all residents in the Portobello/Harwood/Otakou area with the beginning of the “Rubbish Revolution.” Give just one hour of your time to pick up the rubbish from around your streets, playgrounds, beaches or … Continue reading
Portobello Community Incorporated won the Taylor Community Pride Shield in first place at the Keep Dunedin Beautiful awards on Monday 3rd March. The award was presented to Paul Pope and Geoff Sheridan representing the group at the awards ceremony yesterday. … Continue reading
Nineteen year 7&8 pupils from Portobello School put their gumboots on and cleaned up the beach areas around Latham Bay in Portobello on Tuesday 24th September. Supervised by teacher Candace Christensen and Portobello Community Inc. Chairman, Paul Pope the group collected a full … Continue reading