Artist Daniel mead is making steady progress on the mural for the Bacon Street bus shelter in Turnbull’s Bay. The mural will incorporate scenes of native New Zealand fish typically found in Smiths Creek which runs along Bacon Street from the Hereweka/Harbour Cone property and into the Otago Harbour. With the significant habitat restoration of the creek undertaken by local environmental group Save the Otago Peninsula it is hoped to see a thriving population of these fish in the future. The mural has been funded by Keep Dunedin Beautiful who has done excellent work painting and updating existing murals on the Peninsula. The murals add unique community vibrancy to our area and have become well photographed visitor attractions.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary November 17, 2018 at 10:00 am – 9:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary Celebration November 17, 2018 http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details
- Church service November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open November 18, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
View older posts