Artist Daniel mead is making steady progress on the mural for the Bacon Street bus shelter in Turnbull’s Bay. The mural will incorporate scenes of native New Zealand fish typically found in Smiths Creek which runs along Bacon Street from the Hereweka/Harbour Cone property and into the Otago Harbour. With the significant habitat restoration of the creek undertaken by local environmental group Save the Otago Peninsula it is hoped to see a thriving population of these fish in the future. The mural has been funded by Keep Dunedin Beautiful who has done excellent work painting and updating existing murals on the Peninsula. The murals add unique community vibrancy to our area and have become well photographed visitor attractions.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island "Weed Control In Interesting Places" Overnight May 25, 2018 – May 26, 2018 Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Open Day May 26, 2018 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- Badminton May 27, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre May 28, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Steady As You Go—Strength and Balance May 28, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
View older posts