Nineteen year 7&8 pupils from Portobello School put their gumboots on and cleaned up the beach areas around Latham Bay in Portobello on Tuesday 24th September. Supervised by teacher Candace Christensen and Portobello Community Inc. Chairman, Paul Pope the group collected a full array of harbour rubbish that included plenty of glass and plastic. Some of the more interesting finds was a new shoe, boat hatch cover and five fluorescent road cones. Helped by the low tide the busy group covered a 1.25 kilometre stretch of Latham Bay and made their mark on two of the popular pocket beaches in the area. Once again it was great to see our young people give up their time to keep the Peninsula beautiful. Well done, tino pai!
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island "Weed Control In Interesting Places" Overnight May 25, 2018 – May 26, 2018 Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Open Day May 26, 2018 at 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand See quarantineisland.org.nz for details.
- Badminton May 27, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre May 28, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Steady As You Go—Strength and Balance May 28, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
View older posts