Nineteen year 7&8 pupils from Portobello School put their gumboots on and cleaned up the beach areas around Latham Bay in Portobello on Tuesday 24th September. Supervised by teacher Candace Christensen and Portobello Community Inc. Chairman, Paul Pope the group collected a full array of harbour rubbish that included plenty of glass and plastic. Some of the more interesting finds was a new shoe, boat hatch cover and five fluorescent road cones. Helped by the low tide the busy group covered a 1.25 kilometre stretch of Latham Bay and made their mark on two of the popular pocket beaches in the area. Once again it was great to see our young people give up their time to keep the Peninsula beautiful. Well done, tino pai!
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Portobello Community Inc meeting February 19, 2019 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Coronation Hall, 853 Portobello Rd, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Peninsula Playcentre February 20, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
- Library Book Bus February 20, 2019 at 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Broad Bay School
View older posts