With Keep New Zealand Beautiful Week in full swing a few hard-working people turned out to make their mark on the local landscape on Saturday 21st September. Thomas Pope (9) along with big sister Georgia (12) and their father Paul decided to tackle Harington Point Road. In a 2.5 kilometre section from the golf course to Harwood they picked up 8 bags of rubbish, 2 televisions, a truck tyre and some assorted car parts. A special thanks to Cathy Barron and her children Fergus and Ivy who cleaned up Portobello Park. While Melissa Bulger-Patrick and her children Brooke and Elly tackled Portobello Domain, the cemetery and adjacent streets. It was great to see local kids working at keeping their town in tip-top shape. Pupils from Portobello School will be tackling the area around Latham Bay on Tuesday 24th. It’s little things like this that make a difference to our area and the community and don’t just have to be part of a bigger event. Let’s try to make a difference everyday.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service October 20, 2019 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open October 20, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Badminton October 20, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre October 21, 2019 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
View older posts