With Keep New Zealand Beautiful Week in full swing a few hard-working people turned out to make their mark on the local landscape on Saturday 21st September. Thomas Pope (9) along with big sister Georgia (12) and their father Paul decided to tackle Harington Point Road. In a 2.5 kilometre section from the golf course to Harwood they picked up 8 bags of rubbish, 2 televisions, a truck tyre and some assorted car parts. A special thanks to Cathy Barron and her children Fergus and Ivy who cleaned up Portobello Park. While Melissa Bulger-Patrick and her children Brooke and Elly tackled Portobello Domain, the cemetery and adjacent streets. It was great to see local kids working at keeping their town in tip-top shape. Pupils from Portobello School will be tackling the area around Latham Bay on Tuesday 24th. It’s little things like this that make a difference to our area and the community and don’t just have to be part of a bigger event. Let’s try to make a difference everyday.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Pilates Class May 21, 2018 at 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello $12. Contact Penny 0274 649180
- ★ Quiz Night (benefits Broad Bay Boating Club) May 22, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Kensington, 4 King Edward St No door sales: contact Ruth 0274780322 or Katrina 0276126071 for ticket info.
- Peninsula Playcentre May 23, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
View older posts