The Portobello Community Incorporated lad’s team have competed a second landscaping project in the main street of the township. After pruning and removing a trailer load of rubbish and weeds a few weeks ago the edging and planting has now been completed. The newly completed planted area adjacent to the public toilets has allowed more light and less litter in the area. Using the timbers from the old Portobello jetty and mulch donated from local contractor John Clearwater the new border is a welcome complement to the other planting undertaken besides the hotel. There are many other areas around the township that planting could improve for the benefit of the community. If you have any thoughts about these sorts of projects you can drop Chairman, Paul Pope a line through the website contact form. A special thanks to Jenny and Levi for delivering the fresh baking and a welcome hot drink while the work was being finished.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Church service January 19, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee January 19, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open January 19, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Otago Peninsula Museum open January 19, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Badminton January 19, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
View older posts