The Portobello Community Incorporated lad’s team have competed a second landscaping project in the main street of the township. After pruning and removing a trailer load of rubbish and weeds a few weeks ago the edging and planting has now been completed. The newly completed planted area adjacent to the public toilets has allowed more light and less litter in the area. Using the timbers from the old Portobello jetty and mulch donated from local contractor John Clearwater the new border is a welcome complement to the other planting undertaken besides the hotel. There are many other areas around the township that planting could improve for the benefit of the community. If you have any thoughts about these sorts of projects you can drop Chairman, Paul Pope a line through the website contact form. A special thanks to Jenny and Levi for delivering the fresh baking and a welcome hot drink while the work was being finished.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Pilates Class May 21, 2018 at 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello $12. Contact Penny 0274 649180
- ★ Quiz Night (benefits Broad Bay Boating Club) May 22, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Kensington, 4 King Edward St No door sales: contact Ruth 0274780322 or Katrina 0276126071 for ticket info.
- Peninsula Playcentre May 23, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
View older posts