It was a pleasant surprise to see that the Dunedin City council had planted new beech trees on the bank above the Domain last week. The new plantings have really added to the landscaping of the area and in the future they will provide shade, bird roosting and a strong visual impact on the reserve. The bank above the sports-ground has always been a wet area and hopefully the trees will help to soak up some of that moisture. Great to see the City Council proactively planting new trees on its reserve areas, they will really add to our local recreation area. Well done.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Portobello Library open July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello
- Steady As You Go—Tai Chi July 2, 2020 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
- Smiths Creek Working Bee July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Community Coffee Morning July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St All welcome. Gold coin koha.
View older posts