Members of Portobello Community Incorporated put in another solid morning’s work on Sunday preparing the area adjacent to the public toilets for a new planted border. This area has always been a dark damp corner that attracts rubbish and receives little sun. The removal of a willow, rubbish and invasive vines along with the lifting of trees has improved the area significantly. Using more timber from the old jetty and further planting in the next fortnight will create a very attractive space that enhances the area for the benefit of the community. Special thanks to Geoff, Paul, Peter and Thomas (9) for their efforts on Sunday morning in making a start on another important main street landscaping project.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Pilates Class May 21, 2018 at 5:45 pm – 6:45 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello $12. Contact Penny 0274 649180
- ★ Quiz Night (benefits Broad Bay Boating Club) May 22, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm The Kensington, 4 King Edward St No door sales: contact Ruth 0274780322 or Katrina 0276126071 for ticket info.
- Peninsula Playcentre May 23, 2018 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus May 23, 2018 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
View older posts