Members of Portobello Community Incorporated put in another solid morning’s work on Sunday preparing the area adjacent to the public toilets for a new planted border. This area has always been a dark damp corner that attracts rubbish and receives little sun. The removal of a willow, rubbish and invasive vines along with the lifting of trees has improved the area significantly. Using more timber from the old jetty and further planting in the next fortnight will create a very attractive space that enhances the area for the benefit of the community. Special thanks to Geoff, Paul, Peter and Thomas (9) for their efforts on Sunday morning in making a start on another important main street landscaping project.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee October 25, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open October 25, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
- Otago Peninsula Museum open October 25, 2020 at 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm Otago Peninsula Museum and Historical Society, 17 Harington Point Road, Portobello, Dunedin 9014, New Zealand
- Badminton October 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm Coronation Hall, Portobello Info: Geoff 03 4780 688
- Peninsula Playcentre October 26, 2020 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
View older posts