Members of Portobello Community Incorporated put in another solid morning’s work on Sunday preparing the area adjacent to the public toilets for a new planted border. This area has always been a dark damp corner that attracts rubbish and receives little sun. The removal of a willow, rubbish and invasive vines along with the lifting of trees has improved the area significantly. Using more timber from the old jetty and further planting in the next fortnight will create a very attractive space that enhances the area for the benefit of the community. Special thanks to Geoff, Paul, Peter and Thomas (9) for their efforts on Sunday morning in making a start on another important main street landscaping project.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Steady As You Go—Tai Chi July 2, 2020 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St Enquiries: Margaret 477 1040 x702
- Community Coffee Morning July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Portobello Bowling Club, 5 Sherwood St All welcome. Gold coin koha.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Church service July 5, 2020 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Toy Library open July 5, 2020 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
View older posts