Despite some late rain the Portobello Community Market saw 400-500 people come through the Coronation Hall in Portobello on Sunday. With more stalls and displays from local community groups this year, the market is growing as an annual event in our community. There was plenty of attractions and things to buy and once again Jonathon Usher performed an entertaining magic show for children and adults alike. Port Pilates gave a great demonstration that should motivate all of us looking for fitness and flexibility. The Otago Peninsula Biodiversity Group also gave a practical demonstration on the benefits and methods for catching those pesky possums. Overall, Sunday was a great success which is aided by the generous support of Cadbury and local businesses like Coffee Time. Looking forward to next year.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary November 17, 2018 at 10:00 am – 9:00 pm Quarantine Island-Kamau Taurua, New Zealand http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details.
- ★ Quarantine Island Kamau Taurua 60th Anniversary Celebration November 17, 2018 http://quarantineisland.org.nz/ for details
- Church service November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am Portobello Presbyterian Church, 22 Harington Point Rd
- Smiths Creek Working Bee November 18, 2018 at 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Toy Library open November 18, 2018 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm Portobello Domain
View older posts