Despite some late rain the Portobello Community Market saw 400-500 people come through the Coronation Hall in Portobello on Sunday. With more stalls and displays from local community groups this year, the market is growing as an annual event in our community. There was plenty of attractions and things to buy and once again Jonathon Usher performed an entertaining magic show for children and adults alike. Port Pilates gave a great demonstration that should motivate all of us looking for fitness and flexibility. The Otago Peninsula Biodiversity Group also gave a practical demonstration on the benefits and methods for catching those pesky possums. Overall, Sunday was a great success which is aided by the generous support of Cadbury and local businesses like Coffee Time. Looking forward to next year.
Portobello Community Incorporated is a community group that works on the Otago Peninsula to promote and develop assets and events for residents and visitors. This website has been developed to get people involved with their community and inform them of the great things going on in their area.
- Smiths Creek Working Bee September 29, 2020 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm Bacon St, Broad Bay Weather permitting.
- Peninsula Playcentre September 30, 2020 at 9:30 am – 12:30 pm 22 Harington Point Rd See Playcentre page for more information.
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 9:45 am – 10:10 am Portobello School (except school holidays)
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 10:15 am – 11:00 am 1 Harington Point Rd
- Library Book Bus September 30, 2020 at 11:15 am – 12:00 pm Broad Bay School
View older posts